Congratulations on purchasing a new home or property!
You will soon be mailed your coupon booklet billing and welcome packet. If you are constructing a new home that needs to be connected, be sure to have your general contractor check out our "Doing Business" section for connection specifications, district standards, permits, and more. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our office and you will be directed promptly to the appropriate staff member.
A few things for your consideration:
- All sewer billings are due on the 15th of each month, but our office extends a 15 day grace period for payments to physically arrive in our office. Generally speaking, this means that payment must reach our office no later than the 30th of the month with February as the exception.
- If payment does not reach our office by the grace date, a ten-percent penalty will be charged to the account. We do not honor postmarks.
-Our office has a drop box for your convenience located near our main entrance.
- When utilizing an online bill payer service, please include your full account number for prompt payment.
- Please do not staple your checks to the payment stub or an envelope. This will delay the processing of your payment.
- Our office does offer an automatic payment program. There is no charge for this service and funds are withdrawn four business days before the expiration of the grace period. If you are interested, forms are available on our website at www.slrwd.org or by contacting our office. Please be aware that the forms do require notarized signature(s) and any person(s) listed as a signatory on the account must, also, sign the form.
- Written permission from the owner of record is required in order for our office to place an account into another’s name.
- For all service or maintenance inquiries, please contact our office as soon as you are aware of the issue regardless of the time of day. During office hours contact 260-665-9865. If the issue occurs afterhours or on the weekend, please call 260-316-6648 to reach our 24/7 on-call technician.
- Our office requires a setback of 7 ½ feet from either side of any part of our system. This includes, but is not limited to, all new construction and landscaping.
- In order for the equipment located on your property to function, a continuous electrical connection is required. Please do not turn off the power to the equipment.
- Any damage to any component of the system due to negligence may result in neglect or damage billing.
- Our normal operating hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.